Elaborate gold carvings adorn each building
Interestingly, monks get to wear shoes in the temple!
Giant wooden carvings that must have taken years to make
Photo Tips when visiting the temple
- There is a lot to see in a fairly compact space. Expect crowds, and don’t expect to get photos without people in them.
- Use a polarizing filter if you have one. The bright blue sky behind the bright gold chedi can be amazing.
- Don’t bother bringing a tripod. It’s difficult to use one in the crowded area, and it won’t provide you with much advantage in the bright light anyway.
- Bring a wide lens, so you can see the entire chedi.
- Bring a tele lense, so you can take close ups of the worshipers and the Buddha statues.
- Not a photo tip, but wear socks. Without shoes the floor gets super hot in the hot months.